Thursday, October 6, 2011

Goals for Project 2

For project 1, we learned how to use blogger and every tool with it. Now, in the second project, one of the goals I have is to focus more on the information I am putting in instead how to use blogger. This is the main goal that I am trying to accomplish. As a group, I feel like a good goal for ourselves is to make the blog as thorough as possible, giving the people reading the blog as much information as possible. Last time we didn't really focus much on that portion, but I feel like it will be easier to accomplish this time now that we have gotten more used to blogger. Also, last time through, I did not focus much on the information I was putting in the blog. I was focusing more on getting my work done as fast as possible. But, this time through, we have picked a topic that is more interesting to me, so I will be able to focus more and put down more and better information. Another thing our group is working on for the second project is discussing and participating more. Discussing can make things better because you are getting everyone's feedback or ideas, which you will get more ideas from five people than just one. Also we can give constructive criticism on each other's work on things like grammar, spelling, and making sure the information we are posting is valid. If our group is not posting valid information, then who is it helping? Nobody will benefit from that and it would be wasting everyone's time who is reading it. That is one reason why it would be good to discuss and participate in a group setting. Another reason why it could be useful is because it can make others feel better about their work. They can get their constructive criticism and work on their draft to make their post's better. We want to make the posts as best as possible so the readers of the blog are satisfied and are obtaining the correct information. Lastly, a goal that is usually put in the back of people's mind but needs to be stated is paying attention. We need to listen to whoever is discussing and make sure we understand everything they are say, and paying attention helps. Whenever you are talking, you want every single persons attention, so you need to be respectful and listen to others when they are talking to you about their topic. It is like the golden rule from kindergarten, which is "treat others the way you want to be treated". Well people don't always realize it but that's one of the nicest things you can do for people are presenting, and you can learn a lot by just paying attention. So, overall, these are the goals that I had in mind for myself and my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment